|Minced pork||500 g|
|Water Chestnuts||9 pcs|
|Yellow Onion, diced||1|
|Garlic Cloves, finely chopped||3-4 pcs|
|Soya Sauce||2 Tbs|
|Oyster Sauce||1 Tbs|
|Sesame Oil||1 Tbs|
|Dried bean curd skin||1|
|Corn Flour||4 Tbs|
|Hela Pepper white ground||1.5 g|
|Hela Allspice ground||1.5 g|
|Hela Fennel ground||0.25 g|
|Hela Tian Tian Everyday Seasoning||20 g|
|Hela Sichuan Spicy BBQ Spice||10 g|
*Portion indicated is able to make 10 rolls
- In a large bowl, mix the pork and prawns together, add the water chestnuts, yellow onion and garlic and continue to mix until the mixture is tacky.
- Next, mix the soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, spices, Tian Tian Everyday Seasoning and Sichuan Spicy BBQ Spice in a small bowl. Add the mixture, 1 Tbs at a time, to the meat mixture. This is to ensure that the mixture does not become too wet, which will make the skin soggy.
- Mix 3 Tbs of the corn flour and the egg into the mixture.
- To assemble, place the bean curd skin on a clean surface. Slice the skin into 15cm squares. Wipe the bean curd skin with the wet cloth to remove residual salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 Tbs of corn flour with 2 Tbs of water.
- Starting from the side nearest to you, pat 2 to 3 Tbs of the filling into a cylindrical mound. Make sure that the filling is evenly distributed.
- From the end with the filling, roll the sheet over to form a tight cylinder and dab the corn flour liquid across the other end, so that the skin "sticks" to the surface. Use your finger to tuck the sides of the skin into the meat. Gently shape the Ngoh Hiang into an even-sized cylinder, for even cooking.
- Continue steps 6 and 7 to make the remaining rolls.
- Boil water in a pot or wok. Steam the Ngoh Hiang for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the bean curd skin turns to a pale yellow.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan or wok over medium heat. Coat the Ngoh Hiang with corn flour mixture. Fry the Ngoh Hiang for about five minutes on each side, until golden brown. If you choose not to steam the Ngoh Hiang first, then deep-fry it for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the heat, slice and serve hot.